Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011 Hello! I am new to this "blog thing" so please bear with me! I would love to share with you my love of creating historically inspired dolls. After being in the scientific field for years, I am now able to devote my time to creating things I love. My husband and I bought a beautiful antebellum home in Mississippi called "Collina" in 2005, and he restored an old building on the property for my doll studio. Needless to say, I am out there constantly working on my latest project. There just aren't enough hours in the day to complete all the ideas in my head!
My favorite period in time is the Civil War era, so I am working on a collection of dolls right now that represent that period in time. The planning of the doll is as much fun as actually making it; I research historically accurate patterns for the costumes, and search for just the right fabrics and antique lace, etc. to make her come alive. I'll be posting more photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment