Friday, August 5, 2016

NEW DOLL

Good morning


Yes, I still exist, for those of you who may be wondering!  We have been here in our new (old) home in Florida for a year now, unbelievably.  I can't get over how fast time is flying by.   I was SO disappointed that we were not able to attend this years National Doll Festival in Washington, D.C.   With the move, and almost nine months of house restoration, I was not able to make enough dolls to make the show feasible.  As you can imagine, the dolls take a long time to make, and I didn't want to skimp on details or quality.  However, next year the show will be right here in Florida, in Orlando, and I have already begun making a wonderful collection of new dolls for a great show. 
  My line of African American dolls has consistently received rave reviews and brisk sales, so I have decided to make these my "signature" work; they will be the vast majority of the dolls I make in the future.  I will still make other types as well, including Izannah Walker reproductions and dolls based on historic figures.  
   The latest doll I just completed was for a collector in Baton Rouge, LA.  She is "Phillis Wheatley",  the first African American poetess to have her works published in the US in the late 1700's. 



Please remember that I take commissions for your choice of doll:  Just contact me with your ideas and I will be happy to discuss it with you. 
   I will be posting some new photos very soon of new dolls I'm working on.  For you collectors,  I would love to hear from you with ideas of what you would be interested in or what you would like to see me have available at my show.
   I'm also researching a couple of other doll shows to participate in, and will let you know when/if I sign up for those. 
   Hope you're all having a great summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment