Tuesday, November 26, 2013

NEW LITTLE ONES

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  We are experiencing very cold weather for Mississippi and may even have snow flurries in the AM!  This is good weather to stay indoors and make dolls.  Here are some pictures of some of the smallest dollies I have made; this size is being made exclusively for some dealers in Ohio.  They are 10 1/2" tall, and dressed in antique fabrics from the Civil War era.  Their heads are paper clay over cloth, and the bodies are cloth stuffed with wool.  Then, they are oil painted.  These were really fun for me to make, as I am used to making larger dolls.  And, much easier for me to make after a trip to LensCrafters for some new glasses so I can see the tiny details!! 


 
 
 
 
I love how this little gal's outfit turned out.  The pinafore really added a great touch!  The beautiful solid oak armoire behind her was made by my wonderfully talented husband, who has been working with me to make furniture and room settings for my dolls. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Another dress style with the antique fabrics.  She is enjoying her little Christmas tree with an antique lamb toy.
 
 
 
 
 
 These two little mulatto girls are dressed in outfits typical of the 1850's and 1860's.  Most of the dresses were all hand-sewn.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment