Monday, July 30, 2012

New Orleans NDF

I'm back home recuperating from a wonderful experience at the National Doll Festival in New Orleans!  I want to thank all the ladies who bought my dolls and offered me wonderful comments and well-wishes on my doll making.  It is always so hard for an artist to put their work "out there". We are our own worst critics.  To receive such wonderful feedback and encouragement  makes all the hard work so worthwhile!!  Here are a few pictures of my display.  I look forward to seeing all of you next year!!




I met a wonderful doll artist whose work I have always admired, Robin Thompson of  Robin's Miniature Furniture and Dolls.  Her hand carved Queen Anne style dolls are truly awe-inspiring; the detail is just amazing. 

The experience has left me "fired up and ready to go"  with all sorts of  ideas for new dolls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment