Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Danielle"


Hello everyone!  We are in the middle of another "project" in our antebellum home, but that doesn't stop me from making dolls!  Just when I think all work is done and we can just relax and enjoy the house, we think of something else.  This WILL be it. We decided to enclose a big porch off our kitchen and make a larger family room. Doug is painting the woodwork now and we should be able to move the furniture in within a couple of weeks. Of course this means I have to now make drapes for the room.  I love sewing and picking out the fabrics, but it will have to wait until after July when I am home from the New Orleans National Doll Festival.   Here are some pics of my latest French Jumeau reproduction, "Danielle" .  She is 24" tall and dressed in icy mauve dupionni silk,  plum velvet and vintage lace.  It's been a while since I did the French dolls, but researching those delicious costumes and then making them is a real pleasure.  I have a "stash" of antique laces that I love going through, and finding just the perfect piece for each costume!

                      I have gone to a new home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment