Thursday, March 24, 2011

Glorious spring weather!

Now this is perfect weather!! We have had above-normal temps here the last week (in the 80's) and that suits me just fine. I've added a few pictures of our beautiful azaleas that are blooming now, as well as one of our five resident cats that now call Collina home. I've been keeping very busy making more of my Civil War era dolls. I just finished "Miss Lucinda". She is a clay over cloth, oil painted doll made to look like an old china doll. Her dress is made from reproduction fabric from the 1860's with antique lace trim. She will have several more outfits for her trousseau, including a velvet cape and hat, and a silk evening gown. I also made a little straw bonnet for Miss Isabelle with blue ribbon trim. She seems to like this addition, although she still appears a bit sad....

No comments:

Post a Comment